Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Once a bride, always a bride!

99% of everyone who knows me knows that I am a little off-the-beaten path when it comes to everything and anything in life. Seeing as I was (literally) in the hospital getting surgery-ed upon until the WEEK of my wedding, Jacob and I did not have the opportunity to get very artsy couple photos done nor did I get the bridal shoot that I had craved since I was a child. Granted, my father is an amazing photographer and made gorgeous photos at both of our ceremonies that day. For that I am truly thankful considering the fact that I remember VERY little from the day. (Is that normal or do I have issues?!)

So the idea of the un-bridal shoot was hatched quite a while ago when I saw the photos that Stacy did of Amber and Russel's engagement and wedding and thought that I would like her to do a photo shoot of Jake and myself just for a memory book. Nice idea, right?! Well knowing the type of person I am means that I could never make anything easy. When I was contemplating what I could do 'different' for our anniversary this year, I started looking at our old photos and thinking about how skinny I was when we got married. Let us remember that I had downed 15-20lbs due to the surgery, so I got the genius idea to try on the wedding dresses. Then I was roughly a size 2 dripping wet and now.... well for the sake of not getting graphic.... we will say "not a 2". I pulled out the dresses and stuffed myself in them like a sausage and went and showed Jake. It was rather comical because I barely had them on, but his reaction of a laugh made me cry (I am rarely moody so this was intense for me).

Perhaps if I had more drive or were not so close out of (another) surgery, I would get intense into working out and shaping my body up and losing weight and dieting and yadda yadda and all that jazz. Since that is not the case, I figured that it was BEYOND time that I get those special photos done before we have a Baby Krausz and my toe can no longer fit into the dresses. So I called Stacy and said, "I have a weird but marvelous idea..." She bit on my line so we hatched the plan to meet and do the famed bridal, yet unbridal shoot.

WHAT A FUN DAY THIS WOULD TURN OUT TO BE! It was about 37,000 degrees on the Kelvin scale, intermittendtly raining making the humidity go to 110%, and then there was the "dress" issue. Do not misunderstand me by thinking that I am feeling morbidly obese because I know this is not the truth. But squeezing a "real" body into that dress fit for a 15-yr old is just funny. It probably should give me a complex, but it was all too hilarious to me. It took me, my mother, and Stacy pulling, tugging, tucking, and pushing to get me into it. But, once I was in, the sucker actually fit. Go me, right?! None the less it was a glorious experience that helped my self-confidence out tons (as the passersby honked and screamed) and put into ink the feelings that I felt the day of the creation of the Krausz Hausz. I will forever be grateful to George, or Stacy, for helping me make history.













1 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

love you so. this was such a fun day. as i always knew it would be. thanks so much for asking me. how i love you!