Sunday, July 3, 2011

Three years ago sounds like a long, long time.....

As I contemplated Operation Stuffed Sausage (details to follow tomorrow) last night, I was thinking about where I was this time three years ago in my life as I was preparing to marry my sweetheart for time and all eternity. And I came up with some pretty definite conclusions such as: CLEARLY I was 92lbs soaking wet in concrete boots, my hair was WAY lighter (almost blonde), and I was in SUCH a different "place" in my life. Wow. It seems like a century ago when I think about the fact that I was still chugging my way through graduate school ever so impatiently,, praying for the day when I would get to wear the cool Harry Potter sleeves on my graduation regalia. It also feels like ages ago (and I am glad to not revisit those days) that I was housed in a portable single-wide trailer full of awesomeness (hardy har har) everyday with 32 students + 2 teacher's assistants + me each block while constantly breathing a slow drip of black mold. Yumm-O! It seems like just yesterday, though, that I snagged my sweet honey right off the mission and have been walking down the road to eternity with him ever since. You know? If someone would have told me a long time ago that I would undergo certain trials and tribulations (and catastrophies), I wonder if I would have A- believed them without laughing or even B- agreed to go through them. But, ya see, here is the weird thing. I am pretty sure I DID sign up for this gig. I think my Heavenly Father (who obviously has a sense of humor) sat me down and said, "Ok, honey, here is what you are going to have to do on that big Earth down there. Do you think you can handle it?" And, with me being me, I am pretty sure that I said, "Ok, Daddy-O. Bring it on!" Some people would think I am plauged by such things as being hospitalized almost an entire month leading up to my wedding day and dropping 20lbs and looking like a crackhead. But, in reality, if you cannot look back in time and laugh at some of that stuff, you will not have succeeded in life at all. By NO MEANS of the imagination am I stretching so far as to say that I have not really struggled with certain things while I am going through them. Heck no! I am a weenie in the 'present' tense. It is only in the 'past' tense that I can put my big girl panties on and be happy with certain things in my life. And, as I walk down my little memory lane of the last three years of marriage with my honey, I am oh so glad that he picked me- the awkward, nerd, sickling to walk with into the eternities. I hope that they have good medical coverage!

1 comments:

Jacob and Crystal Krausz said...

I think you can comment now.